Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Success!!

So, I think I'm getting the hang of this whole blogging thing. My wonderful sister-in-law Kelly graciously took me step by step. I'm excited to enter this blog-crazed world.

As an update on Brandon and I, life is going so well. I just got a new job!! It's so bittersweet. I will be teaching 5th grade at Madison Middle School in Rexburg. I'm so excited, but so sad to be leaving Mud Lake. It's been home for so long.

We've been finishing our basement...and when I say we I mean Brandon. The Harris brothers have been so great to come and help. It's comic relief for me to sit upstairs and listen as they all try to act like they are right! A few colorful words decorate the air as well! :)

As well as the basement, we have also been working on our yard. We planted some trees last December...the prime tree planting month! Our neighbors thought we were crazy because not only was it December and freezing outside, it was also dark. However crazy we appeared, we are coming out triumphant as the trees are starting to bloom!

We are loving life. I can't wait for May to end and my summer to begin. This will be my first summer in almost 7 years that I can do what I want! I will be going through some withdrawals as EFY approaches and I am not wearing a brightly colored polo with matching earrings. I will survive though because I have Girl's Camp to take the place of EFY! Bring on the all nighters with the bears!

1 comment:

missmitchie said...

Megan,

What a cute blog! Thanks for sending me the link.

It was so much fun to see you on your wedding day - what a BEAUTIFUL bride!

I'm so glad things are going well for you and Brandon. You seem like the perfect match and I'm so glad you found each other.

Good luck with your new job...hey, the commute will be MUCH better :).

Lots of love,
Michelle Morris